Sunday, June 29

"Slimmin' Poo"

The grandbaby was here overnight Fri/Sat and I decided to take her to get a little swimming pool or "slimmin' poo" as she calls it. I never thought that I could love a child more than my very own, but she comes pretty darn close. She seems to be growing overnight and her vocabulary just amazes me, and soo precocious. Last week when I was staying at her house, she and I were in her bedroom and we were having a conversation and then she kind of looked around the room and ceiling with her eyes like she was trying to think of something and I asked her "what?" and she replied "hold on" with this air of exhasperation. I had to say OMG and we both starting laughing, she obviously knew she was using a phrase she heard from mom or dad.

She has also been begging to go to the library or "lyberry" as she says. When I was visiting last week she asked her mom to go and I couldn't believe that she remembered me taking her months ago for the first time. Unfortunately, we didn't have time, so while she was here I asked her if she wanted to go. She was so excited and I couldn't get enough of how she says library, so I kept asking her where we going? tell them where you're going, etc. She probably thought I'm a little senile. We have a good childrens section and of course she goes from one thing to another so fast and won't sit still long enough to even look at a book with me. But when we said it was time to go, she ran to a shelf and grabbed a stack of books she said she wanted to take with her. I managed to put them back in the right place and directed her to the more 2 year old friendly board books and helped her get two. She grabbed a barbie princess (of course) and one that had cute childish hand drawn pictures of a baby. I didn't know what it was about, but in the car she wanted me to read it, so i glanced through quickly and told her it was about a little baby with a smelly diaper. She thought that was the greatest thing. She kept asking me to tell her more. Then out of the blue she "inserted herself into the character of the book taking the place of the baby David in the story. She kept saying "my....name.....is.....K----" like she was actually reading, and she asked me several times "do I have stinky diapers?" to which I aswered the positive! (she's potty trained, except she's refusing to #2 in the toilet, she still asks to put on a diaper when he has to go #2, go figure?)



I have such a good time with her, but like that saying goes, it's nice to send them home. I'm exhausted....

No comments: