Wednesday, June 25

I'm Baaaack

photo of a photo f/ a garden magazine
practicing w/ my camera


Where does the time go? That old saying. So where’ve I been? Not on some wonderful trip to an exotic locale, not even on a trip out of town, just been, well, messed up I guess. I went through some hard times personally. Back in December I decided it was time to change my medication. Yes, I’m one of those that suffer from depression, a family legacy you might say. My Dad suffers from it and I’m sure my mother did now that I think back. She’s been dead for 22 years now. So back to switching meds…I was on Paxil for about 8 years and I felt it was no longer working for me (boy was that an understatement). So Dr. said I should try Welbutrin XL. The thing he didn’t tell me was the absolute hell I would go through with the withdrawal from paxil. About 2 weeks into it, I looked up on the internet and surprised and relieved to see the wealth of info on the withdrawal from this drug. I cried when I read it. I cried as I relived this wasn’t just me and I cried because no one told me I’d be in hell for 5 weeks, and I cried just because [I felt sorry for myself]. Now fast forward and I’m feeling SO much better, got my dosage good and I’m feeling pretty good about where I’m going (which isn’t really anywhere spectacular). I hope to post again regularly and I’ll get you caught up on what’s been going on.

No comments: