Wednesday, July 16

Fire in the Sky


sunset and moonrise

Here's a couple pics from earlier in the week, and of course its because of the smoke in the air that they look like this. We've had more clear days lately. I haven't even checked the news to see what fires are still going. Like I've said before, and I'll say it again, we've been lucky so far--no fires near us. I live near a road that people take to reach part of the American River. We always seem to get at least one fire near the river canyon where some idiot obviously throws out a cigarette or something to start the fire. I don't know how many times I've been on the freeway and I see some idiot hauling his trailer full of toys and the connecting chains are dragging on the ground shooting off sparks. Duh! all it takes is a little spark (like Smokey the Bear says) to start the fire, and they just keep driving oblivious to what they cause. Ok enough of that!

I put together a sewn paper banner, my first, but I'm not too happy with it. I wanted to use some embelishments I already had on hand and incorporated them with some of my trims and papers. I decided to start out small and used the word "NEST" as my inspiration. I'll be putting it in my etsy art shop.





A confused butterfly

No comments: