Tuesday, July 29

Out of the Comfort Zone

I’m really liking graphic art lately and I’ve been wanting to create something different (at least for me). Wanting to go (a little) out of my comfort zone. I came across some large ledger sheets that I forgot I had hidden away (not usual). I just started doodling and cutting and pasting. Two of these came out (somewhat) to my satisfaction.



I really like the artwork of swallowfield, jp-art and abbyjane among many. Eventually I want obtain some carving tools and try making a couple carved blocks to try my hand at block prints. I just love all the two color graphic art you see everywhere. I see fabric, pillows, curtains, etc. in all the home dec. magazines. I’ve just got so many ideas floating around, and I’ll never live long enough to do them all.


No comments: